HR Audit Interview
Types of Topics in Questions
· Behaviors -what a person has done or is doing.
· Opinions/values -what a person thinks about the topic.
· Feelings -what a person feels rather than what a person thinks.
· Knowledge -to get facts about the topic.
· Sensory -what people have seen, touched, heard, tasted or smelled?
· Background/demographics -standard background questions, such as age, education, etc.
Sequence of Questions
· Get the respondents involved in the interview as soon as possible.
· Before asking about controversial matters, first ask about some facts.
· Intersperse fact-based questions throughout the interview.
· Ask questions about the present before questions about the past or future.
· The last questions might be to allow respondents to provide any other information they prefer to add and their impressions of the interview.