Plans, organizes, coordinates and maintains all Purchasing activities in support of corporate sales goals and objectives.
* Develops and implements purchasing business plans that will meet purchasing customer service goals, corporate profit goals and return on equity goals including but not limited to fill rate, stocking & replenishment strategies, inventory turns and exceptions.
* Monitors performance against goals, analyzes results, and initiates appropriate action for all purchasing to meet corporate and departmental goals.
* Manages Purchasing Analysts, Senior Purchasing Analysts, Purchasing Supervisors, and Corporate Purchasing Supervisors to develop and maintain a well-trained and effective staff capable of performing all necessary functions and capable of playing a key role in meeting the corporate growth goals.
* Develops a departmental budget, ensures adherence to the budget, and takes corrective action, as required.
* Analyzes, reviews and finalizes buyer sourcing decisions. Evaluates the cost effectiveness (profitability) of issuing distribution center transfers and authorizes such transfers as appropriate.
* Reviews and approves purchase orders and opportunity buys for high-dollar purchase orders in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
* Develops and enforces supplier performance standards and develops and builds supplier relationships. Meets with suppliers and instructs them in Company purchasing processes in addition to any necessary standards for doing business with Company. Monitors supplier performance and takes corrective action as required.
* Develops, and manages the implementation of, purchasing policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
* Develops strong cross-functional relationships with departments external to Purchasing to achieve goals and improvement opportunities.
* Collaborates with Product Managers and Merchandise Managers to develop and drive cooperative business plans with key suppliers.
* Analyzes and develops system enhancements from knowledge of user requirements.
* Tracks the implementation and verifies successful completion of implementation for E3, purchase order system, promotional system and all other related systems.
* Manages significant cross-functional projects to ensure goals and timelines are met.
* Improves profitability by cost reduction purchases, cost avoidance, and process improvements on a cross-functional basis.
* Develops high level presentations to executive management. Conducts and organizes regular departmental meetings to ensure communication of strategy and resolution of common issues.
* Prioritizes receiving department workload with a focus on imported items.
* Directs inventory control functions towards emerging supply chain issues.
* Develops and implements training programs.
* Develops reporting to measure standards.
* Drives the Company Culture in the department and throughout the Company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of Company mission.
* Performs all duties inherent in the role of the Company’s Manager as defined by the Company Code of Conduct including hiring, termination, review, and development of associates.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or the equivalent plus a minimum of 15 years general business including experience in supply chain management are required. Some post graduate education relevant to supply chain management or specific supply chain management courses required. Some supervisory experience required. Excellent analytical, mathematical, computer, and organizational skills are required. The ability to travel is required. Excellent planning and forecasting abilities. Strong negotiating skills required. Excellent oral and written communications skills are also required.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or the equivalent
Job Contact Person El Barody
Job Contact E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org