Improve your listening skills
As known the core of a communication is the sender , the message and the receiver, in other words, and in order to create a communication activity we should have a sender ( the person who speaks) and a receiver or listener ( the audience or the person who is listening and receiving info).
One of the key barriers to effective communication is lack of listening skills. Listening with complete concentration and empathy is the key to success in communication.
So let see how we can succeed in listening or even how we can improve the task of listening:
1. Develop an interest in others’ views: You are entitled to your opinion just as much as others are entitled to theirs. When listening to others you need to keep your ego and prejudices at bay and direct your attention to the speaker.
2. Focus: Focus on what the other person is saying instead of letting your thoughts wander.
3. Refrain from interrupting unnecessarily: While supplementing a conversation with your views or asking questions is appreciated, allows the speaker to complete his statement.
4. Pay attention to your body language: A lot of communication is non-verbal. Therefore, you need to pay attention to your body language and that of the speaker while engaging in a conversation.
5. Exercise patience: It is not always easy to wait until the speaker completes his sentence; which in some cases could be unduly long or provocative.
So are you a good listener? Good Luck
***اذا أكرمت الكريم ملكته واذا أكرمت اللئيم تمردا ***
اعمل لدنياك كأنك تعيش أبدا،واعمل لآخرتك كأنك تموت غدا