Evaluating performance; Key Performance Indicators -KPIs
One of the HR management’s jobs is to evaluating and watching the performance of employees to make sure that the policies and determined objectives are met.
No to mention, that productivity level and quality is associated with the performance and how employees follow standards, rules and set plan.
However employee relation is considered one of the important factors affecting the performance, and reflecting the level of knowledge and integrity of the employees and staff.
There is no doubt that human as resource is an important factor to complete the process of productivity successfully and according to pre-determined plans and procedures. And employees are affected and influenced by many factors around them, whether within the atmosphere of work (or organization), or whether outside (home and social life).
Emotions influence people, regardless for better or worse, and the energy and morale of most people are driven by such emotions, despite the level of influence because every person reacts differently against emotions.
Being said so, the effort and productivity, and the expressions and conducts will be influenced once the employee is “not in mood”, and such reactions might be extended to the work place and it affects the employee relation.
Therefore, the HR Manager must ensure that the state of employee relations is also measured regularly and any remedial action taken as soon as possible to prevent, in the first instance, or, to limit the length of any industrial disputes. The evaluation of the current state of employee relations may be made by use of specific Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) or by the conduct of an employee relation's audit.
The state of employee relations can be measured by:
· the level of absenteeism -
· the level of employee morale -
· the level of employee participation in the decision-making process -
· the level of productivity -
· the number and length of industrial disputes -
· the level of staff turnover -
- Evaluation: A process involving the assessment of the performance of the organization, and individual employee or a work-team.
- Key performance indicators: Criteria used to assess the extent to which the goals or objectives of an organization or an employee have been achieved.
- Employee relation: The regulations and strategies which regulate the relationship between management and employees with respect to wages and working conditions.
***اذا أكرمت الكريم ملكته واذا أكرمت اللئيم تمردا ***
اعمل لدنياك كأنك تعيش أبدا،واعمل لآخرتك كأنك تموت غدا