With the myriad of attendance management solutions on the market, there are reasons to not select a biometric time and attendance management system for your company. But, in this article, we are putting forth five reasons why a fingerprint attendance solution might be right for your business.
1) Security. Biometric systems are the most secure attendance management systems on the market. They have no rival and no equal. With increased security, your employees have to be at work to punch in. This means an elimination of buddy punching and a reduction of time theft. Moreover, the improved security means a savings of hundreds or thousands of dollars in labor costs for your business. What's not to love?
2) Accuracy. With increased security comes increased accuracy. Aside from buddy punching and time theft, mistakes in calculating hours worked can be costly as well. The automation and reporting provided in the software component of a biometric system brings a level of unparalleled accuracy to your workforce and payroll management. You'll be able to monitor tardiness, breaks, overtime, vacation, and holiday hours and your employees will be able to trust that their work is being recorded correctly and fairly.
3) Efficiency. We've spoken to companies who spend hours (or even days) calculating their hours worked manually. Even with calculating time recorders, a company can only become so efficient while doing any form of manual calculation. Most software programs complete hour, wage and benefit calculations in less than 15 minutes. Imagine what your HR department will be able to do with the time!
4) Easy to Use. Automated biometric attendance systems are both easy to implement and easy to manage. Employees can log their attendance with just the touch of a finger and managers can pull attendance reports with just the touch of a button. Does it get any easier?
5) Compliance. Finally, the fifth reason is a combined benefit of the four previous. Ultimately, compliance is why we manage and maintain records of attendance at all. One false move and you'll end up slapped with a Department of Labor wage and hour suit that could cost your business its very existence. When you combine security, accuracy, efficiency and ease of use, your company becomes fully compliant mitigating your risk of wage and hour suits.