Empowering Women: Contemporary Skills for Women Managers Introduction
Female managers. A very controversy subject. This course is to mold women sharp skills as a manger in spite of the ramifications of feminist theories of development and social organization to the exercise of power and the resolution of conflict in negotiated settings. Base on a review of some of the leading works,
Attitudes play a central role in the formation of people’s beliefs and behaviors. Yet attitudes are intangible and unobservable; people often are unaware of their specific attitudes and the manner in which they affect their behavior. Many attitudes are developed and maintained in a non-logical fashion, experientially and unsystematically, rather than as the result of rational analysis.
If a supervisor develops a specific attitude toward an unruly subordinate basis on gender differences, it is likely to affect their future interactions. If a supervisor has a generalized attitude about a group of individuals who are characterized by some attribute, it is likely to affect the supervisor’s treatment of each member of that group with whom he or she comes into contact. Such behavior may range from preferential treatment to exclusionary, discriminatory actions. Objectives
At the end of this course Participants will be able to:
* Understand the unit manager role
* Understand the difference between leadership and management
* Identify employees readiness
* Understand the difference between delegation and empowerment
* Master the basics of technical writings
* Master the art of meeting management
* Identify her place at the table in negotiation
* Master the arena of conflict management Contents
GENDER-RELATED POLITICS ANDORGANIZATIONAL POWER
* ORIGINS OF GENDER-RELATED POLITICS
o Female Roles
o Male Roles
* ANCIENT ROLES IN MODERN TIMES
* IMPLICATIONS OF THE INEQUALITY OF POWER
GENDER DIFFERENCES IN HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
* AN OVERVIEW OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
* GENDER DIFFERENCES
ATTITUDES TOWARD WOMEN AS MANAGERS (ATWAM)
* GENDER-RELATED ATTITUDES AT WORK
* APPLICATIONS OF ATWAM
NEW UNIT MANAGER IS A UNIT LEADER
* Unite manager role.
* Leadership vs. management.
* What managers must do?
* Leadership style.
* Leadership behavior.
* Leadership model.
* Employee readiness.
* Levels of readiness.
* Matching style and readiness.
* Leadership is process of integrating.
* When you should delegate tasks?
* Be sure employee knows.
* Why managers avoid delegation.
NEGOTIATIONS: HER PLACE AT THE TABLE:
* A consideration of Gender Issues In Negotiation
* Her Place at The Table
* Some of the Ways Women frame & Conduct Negotiation
* How to plan for Commitment?
* What if they won’t Play?
* What if they use Dirty tricks?
* Don’t be a Victim ….
* Some Common tricky Tactics
* Summary of Principled Negotiation
WOMEN AS MANAGERS SCALE (WAMS) For More Information
Tel.: +20 (2) 37614343
Fax: +20 (2) 37605363
Mobile: +20 (12) 3228395
website:SETTEC The Training House