Title Role Project Manager The person responsible for developing, in conjunction with the Project Sponsor, a definition of the project. The Project Manager then ensures that the project is delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality standard (within agreed specifications). He/she ensures the project is effectively resourced and manages relationships with a wide range of groups (including all project contributors).
The Project Manager is also responsible for managing the work of consultants, allocating and utilising resources in an efficient manner and maintaining a co-operative, motivated and successful team.
Responsibilities · Managing and leading the project team.
· Recruiting project staff and consultants.
· Managing co-ordination of the partners and working groups engaged in project work.
· Detailed project planning and control including:
· Developing and maintaining a detailed project plan.
· Managing project deliverables in line with the project plan.
· Recording and managing project issues and escalating where necessary.
· Resolving cross-functional issues at project level.
· Managing project scope and change control and escalating issues where necessary.
· Monitoring project progress and performance.
· Providing status reports to the project sponsor.
· Managing project training within the defined budget.
· Liaison with, and updates progress to, project steering board/senior management.
· Managing project evaluation and dissemination activities.
· Managing consultancy input within the defined budget.
· Final approval of the design specification.
· Working closely with users to ensure the project meets business needs.
· Definition and management of the User Acceptance Testing programme.
· Identifying user training needs and devising and managing user training programmes.